Membership & Volunteer Opportunities
Join UTAS today!
Benefits of Membership in the University of Tennessee Arboretum Society include:
Learn about our rich East Tennessee ecosystem-
- Help build the Arboretum collections by identifying potential new additions of native trees, shrubs, and flowers.
- Attend lectures and workshops led by recognized experts.
- Experience some of the best hiking trails west of the Smokies—without the crowds! Almost right in your own backyard.
- Explore the Arboretum Library of plant resources.
Expand your own plant-oriented horizons—
- Participate in the members-only Spring Plant Sale—before the sale is open to the public.
- Take part in UTAS sponsored tours to exceptional private and public gardens at reduced cost.
- Receive Branches, the UTAS quarterly newsletter, with articles about plants, Arboretum activities, and highlights of UTAS efforts.
Support the Arboretum research and education goals—
- Associate with like-minded gardeners, and enjoy the outdoors as you assist in caring for the UT Arboretum special plant collections.
- Work on fundraising projects such as the plant sales and special events.
- Donate expertise, individual plants, or financial assistance to the Arboretum—a unique resource for studying the natural wonders of Tennessee.
Memberships by Mail
Mail the completed membership application and your check, payable to UTAS, to:
UTAS P.O. Box 5382 Oak Ridge, TN 37831-5382
We always need help in many ways. Opportunities include:
- Plant Sales
- Arboretum Plant Collections
- Special Event Planners
- Fund Raising
- Administrative Support
For volunteering or to learn more about how you can help, contact us.