Membership & Volunteers
Join UTAS today!
Benefits of Membership in the University of Tennessee Arboretum Society include:
Learn about our rich East Tennessee ecosystem-
- Help build the Arboretum collections by identifying potential new additions of native trees, shrubs, and flowers.
- Attend lectures and workshops led by recognized experts.
- Experience some of the best hiking trails west of the Smokiesówithout the crowds! Almost right in your own backyard.
- Explore the Arboretum Library of plant resources.
Expand your own plant-oriented horizonsó
- Participate in the members-only Spring Plant Saleóbefore the sale is open to the public.
- Take part in UTAS sponsored tours to exceptional private and public gardens at reduced cost.
- Receive Branches, the UTAS quarterly newsletter, with articles about plants, Arboretum activities, and highlights of UTAS efforts.
- Associate with like-minded gardeners, and enjoy the outdoors as you assist in caring for the UT Arboretum special plant collections.
- Work on fundraising projects such as the plant sales and special events.
- Donate expertise, individual plants, or financial assistance to the Arboretumóa unique resource for studying the natural wonders of Tennessee.
Society Friend: $100
Patron of the Arboretum: $500
Corporate: $1,000 (minimum)
Memberships are for 12 months. Membership expiration dates are printed on the mailing labels of Branches and other special mailings. Click here to access and download a UT Arboretum Society membership application form. Mail the completed membership application and your check, payable to UTAS, to:
P.O. Box 5382
Oak Ridge, TN 37831-5382
We always need help in many ways. Opportunities include:
- Plant Sales
- Arboretum Plant Collections
- Special Event Planners
- Fund Raising
- Administrative Support
For volunteering or to learn more about how you can help, contact us.